Monday, July 18, 2011

Accountability

    First of all I am no writer. I am also not a dietitian or a fitness expert. I am not writing this for anyone else but me. I thought a blog would be a good way to keep track of my goals and progress. Being a blog I have some built in accountability if I were to share my address with anyone. We will see how this goes.
    Here are a few goals. I want it all. I want to be stronger, faster, leaner, just plain better. I am two months short of 40 and around 295 pounds. I'm guessing at least 70 pounds over ideal. I have been as heavy as 360 lbs. but haven't changed much in the last year or two. I am sucking wind after much more than 400 meters jogging. Someday I want to be able to do a 5k without much preparing. Maybe even one of those short triathlons. I would also like to be able to keep up with my kids for as long as possible, as well as do the things I enjoy for a long time still.
    I will skip the gruesome before pictures but I do hope to see a difference soon. I'm not sure what will come of this blog but at least I hope it makes me more accountable for my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment